Millions of people can be found on the social web everyday. These people are using social media to communicate with friends, family, and to find answers to their problems. Did you know that your customers are also using the social web to socialize online? Social media is in such high use today that it will be foolish not to include this medium to communicate with your target audience.
This is an exciting trend that cannot be missed. Even though it has been around for quite some time, it is fully mainstream now and businesses that aren’t using social media are seen as old school. If you are interested in starting with social media, how are you going to get started? The same as with any other internet marketing strategy, your first step should be to setup objectives.
Social media is huge
- Facebook has over 1 billion members and growing everyday.
- According to Alexa.com, many of the top ranking websites in the world are social media sites.
Before you venture on the social web to start promoting your business, it’s important that you establish what you want to accomplish with your social media campaign. How is social media going to help your business grow online? Many businesses and people have a really hard time understanding this because they don’t know what you can do with social media.
Here’s a couple of example social media goals that you can include in your strategy.
- Increase traffic to your website and blog
- Increase traffic to your online profile
- Increase your digital footprint
- Gather data about your target audience
- Engage and build solid relationships with your customers and future prospects
- Increase sales
- Increase leads
- Transform your business into a social business